Do any two things go more hand-in-hand than wine and motherhood?! There is something so satisfying about savoring(or chugging, we don’t judge) a glass of red wine after a long day of running after your children.
Our ten favorite red wines under $30 to love
We love a good red wine even more so when it didn’t cost us $50. Just because a bottle is $100, doesn’t mean it’s going to be amazing. I’ve had some $20 bottles that tasted way better than some $100 bottles. Lucky for you, we have tried our fair share of red wines (thank you motherhood) so today we are sharing our favorite red wines under $30. Have this post ready next time you hit up Total Wine or your local wine shop. We promise that you will love all of these and so will your husband’s wallet! Win, win!
- Bodegas Breca– 100% Garnacha grapes from Spain with hints of raspberry, kirsch liqueur and lavender. We both love this wine!
- Protea– A red blend from South Africa with hints of blackberry, espresso and spice. Amazing!
- Meiomi– A Pinot Noir from California with a strong cherry flavor and notes of cedar, raspberry and strawberry. Seriously, one of the best budget red wines.
- Red Car Rosé– Rosé of Pinot Noir from West Sonoma Coast. Hints of wild strawberries, pink grapefruit and rose petals. We went to Red Car Wine Co. a few years ago and instantly fell in love. Not only is the wine delicious but the atmosphere is very unique. Not your typical winery. It gives off a very laid back, modern feel. A must-do for the modern mommas next time you’re in Cali.
- Troublemaker– A California red blend of Syrah, Zinfandel, Grenache, Mourvèdre and Petite Syrah. This wine is robust and so, so delicious.
- The Cleaver– Another California red blend for ya. A strong flavor of blackberry and tobacco leaves. The Cleaver is a real crowd pleaser. One thing about blends is they usually have something for everyone, grapewise, since obviously there’s more than one grape varietal in there.
- 19 Crimes– An Australian red blend with hints of sweet blackberry. This one actually comes in around $10! My husband and I always love it.
- Jaboulet Parallele 45– A Cotes du Rhone. There are so many good Rhones out there. If you’ve never had one I encourage you to make a Rhone you’re next buy.
- Chateau de Camarsac– A Bordeaux with hints of spice and chocolate. At less than $15 for a bottle and a winner of many awards, you can’t go wrong with this smooth wine.
- Kanonkop Kadette– A red blend from South Africa with hints of mocha, blackberry and cinnamon. A blend of Pinotage, Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot and Cabernet Franc. If you’ve never had a Pinotage, you need to try this one. When Chanda lived in upstate New York the closest wine shop was owned by two brothers from South Africa. This one came highly recommended by them and it did not disappoint!
Have a phenomenal red you think we should know about? Share it with us in the comments. And please let us know if you try any of our ten favorite wines under $30!